Thread: My sister
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
snolan

Re: My sister

Your sister is so lucky to have you there to help her. The one thing that seemed to help me get ready for the battle is when my Dr told me once I had surgery, the cancer is gone, everything we are going to do i.e. chemo/herceptin is to make sure it doesn't come back. Do everything you can do to make sure it doesn't come back, don't be scared of the unknown of chemo as we are all here to help her through it. The begining of this journey is the scariest but it does get better. Be wary of the web information as most of it does not contain results since herceptin was approved. Herceptin has changed to results so much for the positive. Let the Dr educate you on the whats and hows it is a much less stressful way. Good luck with your journey.
Suzanne
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote