Thread: Guy Recipes
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
Bill

Take a very large skillet, throw in some smart-balance oil and some garlic and slivered onions, then toss in a few pieces of chicken or salmon. Step back and feel proud, you know, like you got something goin' on here and youda man. Cover it. With experience you will learn to turn down the heat to simmer at this point. Go take care of business, returning on occasion to stir/flip your sizzling paradise. Leave the lid off longer than you should, run over to the AC/Heat control on your thermostat and flip it over to "fan" for a few minutes, then back to Heat/Cool. This will allow the "Aroma of the Gods" to permeate the entire house. Grind a little fresh pepper onto the dish and cover it, quickly, before they come into the kitchen. Trust me, "they" will come. "What smells so good?" Pay them no mind. Continue on your way out the back door and pluck a little chard, spinach, and a few sprigs of Greek Oregano, which I told you to plant last year because it comes back bigger and better and fuller each year, and then linger.....relishing the sounds and scents of your domain, take a few deep breaths, center yourself, and realise that everything happens for a reason, ultimately Good, then go back in. The scent from your dish will be exquisite. Wash your greens, stir your skillet, and tend to a few more tasks. Throw the greens in 10 minutes before you're ready to eat and sprinkle in the shredded cheese (I know, but it's a guy thing) of your choice and go to town!