View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #16
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Why i take supplements

My dear NEDenise! (love that name)

Are you take 1,300 of Evening Primrose Oil AM -- AND PM?

I keep a few 500 mg ones w/me at all x, just in case I hit a rough patch.

It started working pretty soon for me, and of course better and better as time goes by. Been on it forever.

Met a lady/bcer decades ago and we were shvitzing away and noted one another. She said she is much better on EPO, which I'd dabbled in. She said it really worked. I think I was taking 500 x 2. I asked her, How much do you take?????!!!!!

She looked me in the eyes and said -- WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!!!!!! So, I upped my dosage to 1,300 x 2. And keep the 500 for emergencies, which rarely occur.

I suffered since my 40s with major all day hotness. Carried a Brookstone 4 large battery fan with me everywhere I went. Restaurants, weddings. My dghtrs were horrified. I don't care. I have a condition. I need intervention, I'd explain.

I am not a drama queen.

Denise, you have such smart docs. Very impressive. Co-Enzyme for sure! As your doc said. And Omega 3 -- essential. Everyone on the planet should be taking these. You are right on, as is your doc, Denise. And all the experts I hear and read on and in the news!!!!!!!!!

Also, my onc/nutritional maven put me on PERFUSIA (Thorne) to help my Ejection Fraction out. Ejection Fraction elevator and heart strengthens. I took at first once a day, then he upped me to 2x a day.

Also, I discovered (through Dr. Oz of all people) COLEUS FORSKOLI 125 mg w/20% forskolii.

Check that out -- google it. It's been around for decades and studied. It helps your body in myriad ways. I swear it has helped by triglycerides get normal readings. It has helped elevated my EF, to the point I thought the reading was a typo or something.

Did I list all the immune boosters in this thread? I think so. Though I added a few after my initial list I know.

Pro-active, pro-biotic Denise, I just love your attitude and wisdom!!!!!!!!! We must advocate for ourselves. Cause no one cares about us more than we do. And docs are busy. Spouses don't know what to do but to love us, which is essential. So as my fav dentist once told me (she was a bc survivor) YOU MUST PARTICIPATE IN YOUR OWN WELLNESS.

BTW, I didn't even know I had moonface yrs ago. But now when I look back at pictures, I am astonished. Melon-head. Some was steroids which I took the day before and the day of chemo -- for yrs. Not sure what it's all about.

But I do know, Denise, you are beautiful inside and out
-- you sparkle. Love your posts. Love you...

ANDI
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote