Thread: My sister
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
Kathleen09

Re: My sister

Hi Joni, So wonderful to hear how it changed you for the better. Thank you so much for all your insight. You have such a positive attitude. My sister does as well and I know that will help so much. She is doing extremely well emotionally all things considered. She hasn't missed a beat with work and is doing all she can to eat healthy so she is as strong as she can be during chemo. We already have 2 wigs and ton of accessories - sleeping caps, yoga caps, Baseball cap with hair....so she's all set and ready to go. She wanted to get all of that stuff done and out of the way before chemo started. We were laughing because the wig is actually the style we've been trying to get our hairdresser to do on both of us for 2 years! lol She also discovered a Wellness Center near us - she went to the open house over the weekend and LOVED IT! There's a nutritionist on site, a small work out room, everything they sell is natural and for disease prevention. We both got our antioxidant levels taken as well - her's was super low which isn't good, we need to get her higher before chemo starts. Mine was above average, but not where it should be. Which kind of surprised me because I eat VERY healthy and always try and eat a variety of fruits and veggies all the time to make sure my body is getting every vitamin it can. Have you ever had your levels checked - really was so interesting. I can send you the information if you like. The scanner was on Dr Oz once - there's video on You Tube all about it and how they help fight cancer. Here's the link if you'd like to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QerPwoLVTIk.
Kathleen09 is offline   Reply With Quote