View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #9
ConcernedStu

Re: Really scared please help

Debbie, there were one or two preclinical trials done on labs showing tamoxifen and Herceptin together may have a negative affect, but this has not been proven in actual trials at all. You said you often see premenopausal people on tamoxifen when her2+, but are they also on their year of herceptin when on tamoxifen (have you ever seen this?) Adding this now (also put it in original post): She is also pr- and tamoxifen was only found to reduce recurrence considerably in er+ and pr- cancer, while only having slight positive effects on er+ pr-. This second opinion is at a really good hospital, but I'm worried about the fact that if the second opinion onc disagrees and changes it to an AI, this 5 or 6 month period on tamoxifen will have really negative consequences, despite no really noticeable differences appearing until after a year or so. Someone please tell me I'm worrying too much lol. By the way do people often get 3rd and 4th opinions? I'm pretty sure this second opinion is all I will need, but the fact that it is a month away is why I'm worrying so much in the mean time. I think I am overworrying, but this 5 or 6 months shouldn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things right?
ConcernedStu is offline   Reply With Quote