View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 05:35 AM   #16
TiffanyS

Re: Triple positive-Always a recurrance?

Hello Tricia, as a new person on this board, it’s good to hear that you have been NED for eleven years. I just started Perjeta a few weeks ago, as I had a local reccurrence, and it would appear that my cancer has spread to my lungs, and they told me that if it works, I will be taking Perjeta, along with Herceptin, for the rest of my life. My doctor speaks very highly of Perjeta, and has advised that they have another patient who has been taking it for almost 5 years and is in remission, and we are hoping it will put me in remission too, but we don’t know how long it will work. It could put me in remission for 1 year, 2 years or 10 years. Right now, I’ll take whatever time I can get, and hopefully they will come up with a new drug in the next few years. They are doing a lot of research in regard to immunotherapy, which I think is the future of cancer treatment. My doctor advised that there is already an immunotherapy drug for HER2 negative breast cancer, but, unfortunately, there is not one for HER2 positive breast cancer yet.
TiffanyS is offline   Reply With Quote