View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #42
Mandamoo

Re: You know you're a BC survivor when...

I too am reading his for the first time and trying not to embarrass myself belly laughing in the cafe!

You know you are a BC survivor when
- you get a scan saying that your innumerable lung tumors are growing again and youare happy it's still only the lung tumors.
- your oncologist says the lung biopsy confirms her2+ cancer and you say "that's good!" and are genuinely happy you are still her2+
- you don't give a toss who sees your mastectomy scars in the pool change room.
- you are trying on costumes for your 70's themed 40th birthday seriously working out how you can rock a gold lame pantsuit with a cleavage whole and no left boob - tissues won't cut it and you laugh!
- you can honestly revel in celebrating a birthday - after all, it is so much better than the alternative.
- you crack up laughing when your husband asks the surgeon "would you like me to leave the room as you feel up my wife's breasts?" and they then have a lengthy conversation about bra manufacturers and cup sizes!

Oh keep them coming!
As you say Denise - laughter is the best medicine.
22 February 2011 - Diagnosed Early Breast Cancer IDBC Stage2b (ER/PR -ve, Her2+ve +++) - 38 years old
(L) skin sparing mastectomy with tissue expander, axilla clearance (2/14 affected) clear margins.
Fec*3, Taxotere and herceptin*2 - stopped due to secondary diagnosis

June 24 2011 Stage IV - Skin met, axilla node, multiple lung lesions

Bolero3 trial - Navelbine, Hereptin weekly, daily Everolimus/Placebo
February 2012 - July 2012 Tykerb and Xeloda - skin mets resolved, Lungs initially dramatically reduced but growing again
August 2012 (turn 40!) tykerb and herceptin (denied compassionate use of TDM1) while holidaying in Italy!
September 2012 - January 2013 TDM1 as part of the Th3resa trial - lymph nodes resolved, lungs slowly progressing.
January 2013 - herceptin, carboplatin and Perjeta (compassionate access)
April 2013 - Some progression in lungs and lymph nodes - Abraxane, Herceptin and Perjeta
July 2013 - mixed response - dramatic reduction of most lung disease, progression of smaller lung nodules and cervical and hilar nodes - ? Add avastin.
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote