Thread: Chemo protocols
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #12
patz64

Re: Chemo protocols

Thanks for all the info. The water and ginger sounds interesting. Last night I started to have SEVERE lower back pain, going right down through my hips. It is sooo bad. I'm taking percocet, and I don't like to take strong stuff like that. The nurse said that it is probably from the neulasta. The firsat 2 days after the neulasta wasn't bad at all, but yesterday and today it is barely tolerable. It hurts so much I would swear I had a tumor in my spine! And I'm not a whimp! I like to run, and do triathlons, and have been trying to stay active, but this pain has knocked me on my butt!!!!! The percocet helps the pain, but making me feel sick. Wow, this really stinks!
5/2011-stereotactic biopsy: stage 0 carcinoma L. breast again, estrogen/progesterone negative. Nobody used the words Her2+ yet.
8/18/2011-travelled to Texas (I live in NJ) for bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction with DIEP flap. 3 days later, left breast turned blue...had emergency surgery to unclog vessel and try to save the flap. 24 hours after that, had another emergency surgery... took a vein from my left arm and re-routed it to the breast. Saved the breast flap but went into congestive heart failure because of all the IV fluids. Spent 10 days in ICU...8 days on a ventilator. Traumatic experience!!! Then was told it was actually Stage 2, Her2+, and I would need chemo.
Now back in NJ.
10/11/11-port was placed
chemo starting in about 2 weeks
patz64 is offline   Reply With Quote