Thread: Chemo protocols
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Kellennea

Re: Chemo protocols

Pat -

My protocol was close to yours, except I had Carboplatin instead of Cytoxan, and I went 6 rounds.

I did lose my hair, well, I shaved my head and donated my hair to locks of love before it fell out... I wanted to be in complete control, as much as I could.

Taxotere side effects for me were: changes in my finger nails (strangely, not my toe nails), dry mouth, constipation and diarrhea depending on the day (sounds crazy, I know) all over body aches, fatugue and weakness. My side effects started kicking in about the 2nd time. The hardest part was the body aches - I also worked full time during treatment so maybe they seemed worse because of that?

Herceptin is easy. I will complete my one year on the 2nd of Nov. with no problems at all.

The Neulasta injections the day after chemo may cause some muscle pain. For me, sometimes it caused the pain and sometimes it didnt. it usually lasted about 24 hours.

I am now 7 months out from chemo and I can see my body slowly trying to get back to normal.

Good luck to you, you're gonna do great

Kelly
11/3/10 -2.5cm tumor removed via lumpectomy, clear margins. sentinal node biopsy - nodes clear!
12/2/10 - port placement
12/2/10 to 3/17/11 - 6 rounds of taxotere, carboplatin & herceptin every 3rd week.
04/20/11 - 6/6/11 - 33 rounds of radiation
4/6/11 to 11/2/11 - 11 additional rounds of herceptin every 3rd week
7/15/11 - port removal
7/5/11 started my 5 year journey on Tamoxifen
9/4/11 -1 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
9/5/12 -2 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
8/29/12 - Started spotting after being in chemopause 1.5 years. Ultra sound detected 6cm ovary mass & very thick lining. YIKES! Taken off Tamoxifen
9/6/12 - Full abdominal hysterectomy. Pathology report came back clean... thank you baby Jesus!!
9/28/12 - Started Anastrozole
Kellennea is offline   Reply With Quote