View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 01:28 AM   #8
Vinafera

Re: when did you 'break up' with your onco?

I have not, yet, figured out how to list my history so it shows up with all my posts.

August 2015 – MBC with mets to the femurs, hips, some vertebrae. Not a candidate for mast.
August – Oct 2015 chemo
Oct 2015 to Now (May 2017) - Herceptin every 2 weeks, femara, zoladex, xgeva, folic acid, multi vits.
Cancer markers have been stable and MRI's no change since January 2016.
March 2017 had routine MRI but had a reaction to the contrast, went to the ER, spent 4 days in ICU, and it took me close to 1 full month to return to “normal.”

I went to the ER the day after my last MRI. My Doc had not yet let me know the results so the ER Doc told them to me. My MRI showed not changes, everything is stable, no evidence of new stuff, 2 thumbs up I'm stable. What shocked the stuffing out of me is when the ER Doc told me that there had been no change to the 12 x 13cm ovarian cyst. I DID NOT KNOW THAT I HAD THAT!!! My Onc didn't tell me. My GYN DID NOT TELL ME. My PCP did not tell me.

I went to my GYN told her what was going on and asked her what to do. My GYN was in disbelief that my ONC didn't tell me about the cyst. Abdominal and vaginal ultra sounds in March 2017 show it's BENIGN and we are going to leave it alone and monitor it with f/u US every 6 months.

I feel as though I can no longer trust my ONC. How in the world did she NOT TELL ME! I found a way to get most of my med records for no charge and have been asking more questions. I have a malignant growth in my lung. I have bone mets in my ribs. I have probable stage 3 kidney disease. I have a fatty liver. I am anemic. All of this I found out after I got my records. MY ONC NEVER TOLD ME ANY OF THIS!!

Should I let her know that I want to go for a 2nd opinion? Or just go?

I wish I could “break up” with her due to remission. But I am facing having to do it due to lack of trust. Suggestions?
Vinafera is offline   Reply With Quote