View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Danielle

Exclamation Christine has passed away

I just wanted to take the time to let you all know my mom, the founder of this group, and your sister through this fight has just recently passed away. I was able to read her all of the messages you all sent in her final hours, and I stressed to her that what she was able to accomplish in her time was so unique and so inspiring. I made sure to remind her of all the lives she's saved and all of the women she's empowered, right down to my sister and me.

If any of you are able to make it out here, I'd love to see as many HER2 faces as possible at her funeral service. I do know the visitation will be at El Camino Memorial at 360 Melrose Avenue, Encinitas, CA 92024 and her funeral will more than likely be held nearby the site of her burial at San Luis Rey Mission in Oceanside.

If for whatever reason you cannot make it and still want to offer something in the way of condolences, my sister and I would prefer donations to the HER2 Support Group in lieu of flowers. You can make a donation in the upper right hand corner of this screen, or if you would prefer, you can also mail a check to the HER2 Support address of 6973 Mimosa Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92011.

Within this organization, both of my parents were able to create a legacy that was so unique and so compassionate, and I want to take this time to thank all of you - from our ladies spearheading all of our advocacy work to the new women who have just recently decided to give this website a chance - for allowing their dream to come into such beautiful and incredible fruition. They loved all of you so dearly, and as their daughters, Debra and I are of course so proud of them.

I hope to see some of you at the services next week. I'll be posting more accurate dates/times as they come in, but right now I'm pretty certain with the holiday weekend, visitations won't be until the end of the next week.

Hugs and may those of you who had the chance to meet my parents never for their memories,
Danielle

Last edited by Posts; 05-25-2013 at 07:00 PM..
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote