View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #1
michka

10 years and in trouble

Hi All. I was hoping to post a positive message for my 10th year on the cancer road but the report of my last liver MRI is not too good.
End of May, a MRI showed that the tumors in the liver had shrunk by 40% or for the smallest, not visible anymore after less than 2 months of returning on Kadcyla. But last week the MRI showed new tumors in the liver while the previous ones were almost all gone. And there may be a tumor on the L3 vertebra.
So the onc said, either Kadcyla stopped working, either you have 2 kinds of tumors and in order to know, a biopsy has to be done.
At this stage, he suggested nothing else and I must admit that I am not back on the boxing ring yet. My head is empty.
It is very very difficult if not impossible to get Pertuzumab is you are not using it as a first line metastatic treatment in France even if it did not exist 5 years ago. So I have to figure that out. I know I will find a way but it is really a stupid situation.

What do you think about some tumors growing and others disappearing at the same time in the same organ? Any hints?

Here is where I need your help: I will not escape a biopsy this time. But what should I ask for apart from HER2 or not, ER, PR? Where in the US do they do the best screening so I can contact them and understand what slides they need. If I do not ask and jump up and down to get exactly what I want analyzed, and slides to be exported they will do the minimum here. I would like to know if it would be interesting to get into a immunotherapy trial if I have the right characteristics for example.

I am sorry if this post is not very clear or cheery. Give me a few days to find my plan and I will be better.
....and please forgive my English. I have the feeling tonight that I cannot find the right words.

I still wanted to tell you all on this board that if I am still alive today after 10 years it is because two wonderful persons, Christine and Joe, decided to share knowledge but also love. Of course, we lost too many beautiful men and ladies and I remember their names, their pictures, their posts and mails and it hurts, but for the newcomers you have to know that most of the 10 year members are doing very very well, going on with their lives and that the treatments of today are so much better than the old ones. Last but not least: some members who are doing well even after being metastatic are still helping others on this board years after when they could just forget us. They helped me stand up and walk on the long road and still are. I love them.

12.2010 Mets to liver,Herceptin+Tykerb
03.2011 Liver resection ER+70% PR-
04.2011 Herceptin+Navelbine+750mg Tykerb
06.2011 Liver ned, Met to sternum. Added Zometa 09.2011 Cyberknife for sternum
11.2011 Pet clear. Stop Navelbine, continuing on Hercpetin+Tykerb+Aromasin
02.2012 Mets to lungs, nodes, liver
04.2012 TDM1, Ned in 07.2012
04.2015 Stop TDM1/Kadcyla, still Ned, liver problems
04.2016 Liver mets. Back on Kadcyla
08.2016 Kadcyla stopped working. mets to liver lungs bones
09.2016 Biopsy to liver. no more HER2, still ER+
09.2016 CMF Afinitor/Aromasin/ Xgeva.Met to eye muscle Cyberknife