Thread: Ugh Brain Mets!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #9
DizzyDo

Re: Ugh Brain Mets!

I had my first session today with the gamma. Pretty much a non event, I almost fell asleep! Lots of people they made it easy. I get 2 more treatments over the next 2 weeks because there are 3 spots. They zapped the 5 mm one, they think that one game me the seizure because of the location. Right now I'm a bit tired, even with the Dex madness this seems to fatigue me a bit.

Nurse thanks for the advice, I asked for some Ativan today I will try it. They also put in for a sleeping pill, ambient, I'll leave that as plan B.

Embur thank you for sharing your experience that is so helpful to me! I laugh at the Fridge decoupage omg! I scrubbed the crap out of my fridge yesterday and then cleaned and arranged the magnets on the front of it. I don't know why, just some strange complusion. I also have been ordering lululemon clothes and forgetting it did it. This dex stuff is strange. The doctor cut me back a little bit more on dex starting Thursday, maybe I scared him today.

Thanks everyone for the support, I feel so less alone in this, it really helps!
Jan 2014: stage 4. pain right side, found "too many to individually account for" liver mets. Found right axilla lymph nodes and nearby mass (source). Lung, lymph and bone mets. Brain clear by MRI. Er and pr neg, HER2 +++
Feb 2014: herceptin, perjeta, taxol
July 2014: no active disease, only bone scars and 1 liver scar! Tumor markers all normal again.
Dec 2014: seizure, 3 brain mets (15, 5 and 3 mm)
Feb 2015: Linac Stereotactic Radiation for brain mets
June 2015: no new brain mets, old ones greatly reduced in size. Bod still no active disease
October 2015: New brain Met, zapped by Stereotactic rads, watching another spot
Jan 2016: The other spot grew, zapped again. Still on herceptin and perjeta every 3 weeks
DizzyDo is offline   Reply With Quote