View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
Unregistered

Re: Results of phase II trial of pertuzumab+herceptin in Stage IV patients who progre

Dear Lani,
Both T-DM1 and PERTUZUMAB are large mollecules, which do not cross the brain blood barrier. We all know that cancer is opportunistic; it is my opinion that until another drug that does cross the brain blood barrier is added to the above combo or even just T-DM1 alone, one is just playing "russian roulet" with their brain...! There seem to be an also an issue of "severe liver enzimes elevation", and other desease progressions, other severe metastases, etc. All we have to do is think of "Irene" from Tampa, and "Vickyh".....[as just two that I have noted].
In my case, I have done well with T-DM1 alone, [not NED], healing all over and stable in bone areas, my tumor markers had dropped to 27. Novertheless PERTUZUMAB was added to my protocol [I was told "you will be droped from the Study if you refuse to add PERTUZUMAB to the T-DM1 !...] Pertuzumab was added, and it nearly distroyed me, a total disaster.....within a month I developed brain metastases....Now, after a series of Cyberknife treatments I am scrambling to find something new to keep me alive.....Is it not time to start a discussion on PERTUZUMAB combination with T-DM1 tragic results, as well as good results/if any? Not just the "fabulous" results in other PERTUZUMAB subtrials such as the above?
You appear very informed, in all facets of breast cancer, studies, studies results, etc. How about you starting a true and honest discussions on the above drugs combo. Angela