View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #5
Crn

Re: Help! Anyone on TCHP for early stage neoadjunct

Dear Teal55,

You have already been given great info. I will add that as far as meds go, take them. I have always been one to shy away from taking anything, but learned that staying ahead of your side effects makes life during chemo much easier. Call your oncology nurse with any concerns you have, they have good advice to *share and will also keep a record of effects you are experiencing.

I had many of the side effects already mentioned. Water tasted terrible to me so I improvised with lemon wedges, cucumber water, even kook-aid. It is soooooo important to stay hydrated. Please drink, drink, drink.

Working through chemo is doable and a good distraction. *I continued to work , but was glad the school year ended before rounds five and six. Monday was my chemo day and the most difficult times were days 4-6. The rounds did get tougher for me as time went on but Perjeta gave me a lot of trouble, it doesn't for everyone, so I hope you fall in the latter category. *One tip, keep a change of clothes in your car just in case. Diarrhea can come on quickly and as my aunt told me, "never trust a fart." *: ).*

I am glad you and Peacemomma are on a similar time frame and can share experiences with one another. Many on this site will help you through as they did me. *TCPH is an effective protocol. At the time of my surgery my 7cm tumor was gone. Chemo is tough because it is tough on the cancer.*

Wishing you the best possible outcome,
Cindy
June 2014 complete chemo series, Herceptin only until Mar 15
Aug 2014 -Bilateral mastectomy with left axillary dissection (PCR in left breast, cancer cell found in lymph node).
Sept 2014 -radiation 28x
Oct 2014 complete radiation
Nov 2014 - begin Arimidex
Crn is offline   Reply With Quote