View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:21 AM   #26
Paula O

Re: For those interested: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

There are many women with aggressive breast cancer that feel just like that little bear cub who was minding her own business enjoying life when caught completely unaware by the hungry cougar hunting her down, his eye on dinner. Every way she tried to escape backed her into a corner. Cancer can be tenacious and fast in it's pursuit and we can be frantic and at our wits end, seeking every means of escape, trying every option. Sometimes it feels like cancer is "winning". Things can get looking pretty grim and downright hopeless.

We do go through scary stuff sometimes but God can make a way where there seems to be no way. Nothing is impossible with Him. He has plans we have no clue about. He's WAY more powerful than cancer. He is bigger than our fears. He loves and accepts us right where we are and His arms are stretched wide open to us all the time. I don't understand it all, but for me I see He has bigger and better plans than exclusively my comfort and health in what He allows and I know that He always is up to something good in my life. Always and no matter what.

I like this song: "God Will Make a Way": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zo3fJYtS-o

Ephesians 3:20
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us (NKJV)

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us (NIV)

20Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]– (Amplified)

20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. (NLT)

20-21God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. (The Message)

20 To him who by means of his power working in us is able to do so much more than we can ever ask for, or even think of: (Good News)

What did you think of the film? Could you relate to the bear? Feel free to share your thoughts if you'd like to.

Paula