View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #22
chrisy

Re: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

I was thinking along the same lines.

We have never kept "spiritual" for lack of a better word threads off limits. What has been off limits is discussions where we are not able to treat each other with respect and disagree agreeably. I'm proud of how we've handled the controversy on this thread, and I note that many members have inspirational quotes, sometimes religious, as part of their signature. We often ask for, and receive prayers of support.

I remember a few years ago there was a person who did not like the style or content of andibb's posts which many find very helpful. In the end, Joe did close the particular thread in question at the time - not because of the content which some might call spiritual in nature - but because it degenerated into personal attacks in all directions.

We ran a couple of members off the board (one of whom posted elsewhere that the Her2support group was intolerant) and several stayed away for a while. I intended to "stay away" if we became a flame war site and posted that intention. Only a personal phone call from Joe stopped me.

Like I said, I'm proud of how we have remained respectful in this discussion and would hate to have it degenerate or drive people away of either opinion.

I suggest we might move this thread to the forum "keeping your mind off cancer". It would still be around and available but in a different location.
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure