View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 07:09 PM   #1
PositivePeg

Felling so alone . . .

Hi! I'm a newbie. My official diagnosis was on Dec.4: stage 2, estrogen +, Her2+. I'm scheduled for a mastectomy with reconstruction on Jan. 14. Even tho' that stinks, I'm blessed with wonderful, loving support of my husband, daughters & friends.
So, how can it be, that I feel alone? My self-consciousness keeps telling me that people only think of cancer when they see me. I've been open & willing to explain my situation to others, but gosh darn it, I hate it when someone refers to my upcoming 6 hour surgery as a 'procedure'! I let others take the lead & I answer questions, but I'm not sure how much info is too much. And, why do I feel the need to reassure others that I'll be ok?!
Yes, this is a vent & I figure the people who read this will understand. I haven't cried for a week, but I feel like I need a good cry! My faith is strong. My body has been through different types of trauma twice before & Jesus has been with me every step of the way. So, how can I feel like I'm alone? I'm rambling, sorry.
Peg
I need to do a signature. In the meantime, I'm 61 yrs old & live near Columbus, OH. BTW, I chose my user name a week ago! Not feleling it this evening!
PositivePeg is offline   Reply With Quote