View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Chelee

Re: For those interested in a cure

Jackie,
Thanks for the links. I can see how she came up with her 35 yrs...she is counting her time when she first started in medicine as a Unit Clerk in 1972. (So your right...she wasn't a BS for over 35 yrs.) I see she did work at Sloan Kettering in her travels and moved on to CTCA. Currently she is in her own private practice.

>>>Dr. Ruddy began her career in medicine in 1972, working as a unit clerk at the Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia. Her commitment to helping women with breast cancer began the following year when her own mother was diagnosed with the disease. This life-threatening and life-changing event left a deep impression on Dr. Ruddy; it became the seed that eventually blossomed into a career devoted to helping other women suffering from this disease.<<<

Here is the link where I found the paragraph above that tells her entire history for anyone that's interested.

http://www.breasthealthandhealing.com/learn/drktruddy.html

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote