View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 05:33 AM   #5
KsGal

Re: Sleep and cancer

I haven't tried melatonin yet. I'm glad to hear it is working so well for you! Like Andi, I believe that when you are sleeping is when your body is healing, recharging and repairing itself. My doctor also told me that when you are tired your pain tolerance is lower i.e. you hurt more. I was dead set against using any narcotics or anything similar when I was diagnosed. I don't know why considering I was taking chemotherapy, which is far more damaging to your body. But at any rate, over the last couple years I have changed my tune. I refuse to suffer any more than I have to. So like Bonnie I take Ativan and get a good nights sleep without dragging in the morning. And if I am in pain, I take a vicodin. But since you are having such good results, I might just give that melatonin a try and see how it does for me.
Jody
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED

Last edited by KsGal; 02-02-2014 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: crappy typing skills..lol
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote