View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
rinaina

Unfortunately Maryanne, I know just how you feel. I too caught the flu despite having the flu shot. Coughing fever body aches congestion....the whole shabang. To top it off, I was even too sick to take my poor husband to the emergency room last night. He ended up having an emergency appendectomy at 2am. Fortunately my son, brother in law and sister in law were around to take him and be with him. I felt so bad that I couldn't be there. This has been a rough year for my husband. He suffered a heart attack in April right after his tax season ended. If you saw him, you would never think he was a candidate for a heart attack. He works out 5-6 days a week, is not overweight at all and eats relatively healthy. Genetics definitely played a role for his father died at the age of 42 of a massive coronary and high cholesterol is in his family and he has it as well. You know that if I couldn't be with him at the hospital I must have been pretty sick. This flu has wiped me out. My hubby comes home tomorrow. Hope you are feeling better Maryanne.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote