View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #25
KirisMum

Re: Haven't been on this board for nearly 3 years

Thank you so much, ladies. We're doing a little better now. My husband and I are keeping busy, going for walks, and generally holding each other up (we've a rule that we both can't collapse at the same time. :-) ) We're going up toBoston early next week to be there for the biopsy - K asked us to come and be with her boyfriend, which I am very glad to do. Her bf is just a gem and we love him dearly, even though they have been together only a short time (this is not the same man she was with for her previous bout of cancer, who was also very supportive but did not include us nearly as much).

I'm feeling stronger now, and more focused. The cancer is ugly and terrifying but it is no match for love. Nothing can take that away from us, not even death. I think that is what I've been looking for, all along, not necessarily the defeat of the disease but the overpowering of it by something greater and stronger. As long as we are connected and WITH Kiri, whether we're there or here, we can fight this together and draw comfort and joy from each other. That's why her boyfriend's texts in the beginning if this, whether they gave us information or not, were so very helpful and comforting, and why every communication from Kiri now, whether she's maintaining her fierce independence or reaching out for help, is a blessing that feeds our soul. To know that there is great love and connection between us, and to feel the love and caring coming from you girls here, is our greatest and best weapon.

We are all in this soup together. :-)
KirisMum is offline   Reply With Quote