Thread: Mets to lungs
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 02:08 AM   #42
Kavy

Kate,
I am deeply sorry for your news. I can imagine what you are feeling right now, because I have been there. Just hang in there, and try not to think too much of what is happenig to you right now, I know itt is hard, but try to keep busy doing whatever you like most, it helps a lot.
I was also diagnosed with Stage IIIC, and in less than a year I became Stage IV with lung and liver mets. And I felt what you are feeling right now, but I can assure you that things do get better. In fact, today I had a big party to celebrate my son's 6th birthday, everything organized by me,a nd I did not even remembered for one single moment I have Stage IV breast cancer.
I am er/pr-, hers2+, and I have been on nalvabine/herceptin for a year now, and my small liver mets are all gone, and all my small lung mets (both lungs) are almost gone, 1 just have a less than 1 cm met that they could hardly see on this scan, and a stable lymph node. So herceptin/nalvabine has been very good for me. And Nalvabine is a very easy drug, no premedications, no hair loss, no nausea, just a little bit the day of treatment, and some neuropathy. It is very doable.
I hope and pray that you find the right treatment for you very fast. When you do, things will go back to "almost" normal again. If you have any questions, PM me, I would like to help you through these terrifying moments. Hang in there.
Hugs, and prayers,
KarlaV.
Kavy is offline   Reply With Quote