View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
jml

Re: Dating after cancer: What is 2nd base?

Love it!! BRAVO! to you!!!
I was dx'd @33 yo, prime dating years, but since I was dx'd stage IV@ primary diagnosis & my treatment, surgeries, multiple episodes of hairloss over the course of these almost 11yrs with this disease have so monopolized my life, I've just stayed out of the "game". Managing my health & treatment IS a significant part of my lifestyle and I know that must be pretty daunting for so many. The simple fact is I have a terminal disease.
I don't mean to be self deprecating and pathetic, and when I feel well & am in "full drag"- wig, makeup, eyebrows, eyelashes, I think I look pretty darn good. But just below the service, I know the truth- bald for 5th time, unilateral reconstruction, one nipple, scars from mastpexy on "good" side, 8" vertical abdominal scar from liver resection, very prominent port bc I've gotten so thin, hyperpigmented scarred skin from chest radiation that burned through to my back & pop up rashes from TX se's.
It's not that I dont wish to meet & be with someone special, but I really do
believe, with all the facts on the table, I'm a pretty hard "sell", and would feel like a fraud if I didn't reveal the cold hard truth within the first one or two dates.
How were you able to get comfortable enough to be vulnerable and let a virtual stranger 'in'?
I just keep everyone in the Friend Zone & pour my affection on my wonderful, loyal handsome, loving 70lb dog, Polo
I applaud, admire and CELEBRATE you!!
Keep the faith~
jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote