View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
jra40

Re: Remembering Chrisy

What a nice post Denise. I did not know Chrisy but loved reading her posts - she was full of life and humor. I cried last night when I saw she passed away. I do not post much and have become a lurker but seeing another loss of a beautiful woman just really devestated me. I thought about all the others we have lost and it just shakes me to the core.

I remember when I got first diagnosed and all my medical team put a positive spin on it by saying we had these amazing drugs. Yes we do, but reality is that cancer knows no boundaries and still robs us of so much.

Praying everyday for a cure to cancer so we do not have to lose anymore. Chrisy will be with all our other angels helping us in the fight!

All my condolensces to Chrisy's family - a huge loss for everyone.
3/15/11 - Began weekly Taxol/Herceptin infusions along with 750mg of Tykerb taken by mouth daily
6/28/11 - Finished last cycle of Taxol
7/27/11 - Breast MRI shows tumor has dissolved, remarkable reaction to chemo
8/31/11 - Lumpectomy, Sentinel Node biopsy. Node negative, clear margins, 7mm of cancer left over from chemo.
10/05/11 - Started radiation, 5 days a week for 7 weeks.
11/8/11 - Finished radiation
3/21/12 - Last Herceptin!
3/26/12 - Port removed!
Tamoxifen for 5 years
8/4/15 - Hysterectomy & bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. Due to large fibroids. No cancer!
8/8/15 - Started Arimidex
jra40 is offline   Reply With Quote