View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
NEDenise

Remembering Chrisy

Already, I feel the gaping hole left by Chris.
Her humor, wisdom, kindness, advocacy...but mostly the loving spirit.

Some things I plan to remember...

Right after my brain mets were found, Chris's reaction was almost as angry and filled with profanity as mine! Her response made me feel justified I guess...but it also cracked me up!

Once, during another 'rough time' for me...I posted about checking in here "with my peeps". Chris's response was, "Denise, I will always be proud to count myself among your peeps". Now, instead of my pounding on heaven's gates for her...I picture her whispering in the Lord's ear...on MY behalf. And...she will always be one of my peeps too!

Another time...I started a thread called "You Know You're a Breast Cancer Survivor When..."
Chris, always up for a good giggle...was following the thread...and then she came up with the funniest post of all:

You Know You're a Breast Cancer Survivor When...

Your Her2buddy tells you to take ammonia daily to help with drug side effects and your only question is "How much and do I drink it or put my feet in it?"
(Then you find out her phone spell-checker changed "immodium" to "ammonium")

I laughed so hard...the tears were rolling down my cheeks!

Our Chrisy...
Always willing to provide encouragement.
Full to the brim with knowlege about treatment options and how to access them.
And, thoroughly devoted to this board, and her HER2 brothers and sisters.

I know the joy was great when she crossed over. Her friends and loved ones were as excited to see her arrive as we all are devastated to let her go.

In my small way (I'm certainly no Chris) I'll try to carry on her work...and toward that end...I've made a memorial donation to our beloved HER2 site, in her name. What better way to honor and remember her...so there will always be a place for people like her...to meet people like us.

Love you Chris! And miss you so much already.
Denise
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrisy.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris 4.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris 3.jpg