View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #132
charlotte

Smile Christmas Blessing/Miracle

Hi guys... hope I am putting this thread in the right column???
Hello ya'll.. Normally I have only bad and worse than bad news to report.. I am of course having a big time problem, which I won't go into now... maybe later.. I would like to report to the gang that my ejection fraction rate ( has hovered around 25-30%) since 04, .. is now at a high of 55-60%.(thank you Lord) I say that with sincere meaning. I was in the hospital for 3 days, and they kept a monitor on me nonstop..my cardiologist came by on the 3rd. day, and as he was leaving my room , I asked him, what was my ejection fraction rate was..(fearing the worst). He looked at me and smiled and said it is around 55-60%.. I said,,, that is a Chrismas miracle..!!!! he nodded his head and said something along the lines of ,.... Yes, and are you still taking Coreg?? I said yes, he said , Coreg has been shown to help the ejection fraction rate... I smiled then and said, I prefer to think it is a Christmas Miracle..
so if you have been having some difficulty with your heart as I have been,This is truly a blessing..I will talk to my Onc. and see if other avenues are open to me now!!... I have been smiling since Christmas.. will give the gang an update on my husband in another thread.. He is still hanging on by his fingernails.. awating a lung doner...
Charlotte
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote