Thread: Supplements?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #4
Lucy

Re: Supplements?

About a week ago I read something about taking thyroid medication and calcium at different times during the day, until then I was taking it all at the same time. I vaguely recall reading about this years ago and it contributing to me not taking calcium supplements at the time but I didn't retain that when I was told to add calcium supplements because of the anastrazole (and I don't recall it being mentioned then either, of course we know my memory is shot so . . . ). I have to take the calcium because the anastrazole speeds up the thinning of your bones but I think what I'm taking is less than I was told to take (I think they said 600 mg twice a day and I'm taking 1,000 mg all at once now).

I've quit taking the Cerefolin NAC for the time being because my B12 levels were over 3,300 a few weeks ago and everyone thinks it's because of the Cerefolin supplement. I agree that's the likely culprit but I don't want to assume that because elevated B12 levels can be a sign of other bad things. Everyone told me to cut back but I didn't take it while on chemo and last April (a month into chemo), my levels were fine so I don't think being off it for a while will hurt anything. My endocrinologist has it as one of his tests to run in April so if noone else has run it by then, I'll get to see what my levels are then.

Ferritin sounded familiar to me so I went digging for the notes I said I'd taken from the cognitive rehabilition thread you started. That was my one note (on my cable bill envelope because that's where everyone takes important notes down! ha!). I will definitely ask about it. Thanks Rhondalea.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote