View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #58
prolifejoan

Re: 5 year's out from stage 3 Her2 pos 35 pos nodes

Michelle and ladies, I found my lump on December 1st, 2011, and am currently recovering from a bilateral mastectomy performed by the great Dr. N. Habal www.carolinabreast.com. My mastectomy, which included the removal of three lymph nodes on the left side, was CLEAR. However, we are still dealing with last year's diagnosis, which included 17 positive lymph nodes on the right side. I have been receiving Herceptin since the first week of July. I received it every week from July through October, 12 cycles all together, then began 600 mg to receive every three weeks. I had ONE of those before surgery, and I am one of those who gets side effects from Herceptin. My hands, feet and face are still numb and tingly, and I get brain fog, and am uncoordinated. It has been six weeks since my last Herceptin cycle and tomorrow we will schedule resuming them. I will be taking Herceptin until next August, then I hope to be involved in an HER2 vaccination somewhere. I recently asked my oncologist if I could please micro-manage my intake of Herceptin, possibly 40 mg daily or 200 each week instead of 600 all at once every three weeks. I think he is willing, but the insurance co. may not be.
I am thanking God for every day of my life and trying to do the best I can. I am also praying for every person who is dealing with cancer and who is in remission, and for all families. God bless you all and thank you for being such wonderful inspirations.
12/14/11 core biopsy
came back positive for HER2 +, grade 3
1/4/12 lumpectomy, no metric stats at hand; lump was > 2 inches, + borders. 19 nodes removed, 17 positive
staph infection 2X
second opinion, www.carolinabreast.com.

March 12th - Adriamycin & Cytoxan every three weeks 4 cycles.

July 2 through October 8th - taxol and Herceptin every week with two cycles every other week.

October 22nd - 50 mgs. Benedryl & 600 mgs. Herceptin, was going to be every three weeks, but 600 mgs kicked my butt so now I get 200 mgs every week, through August 2013.

November 16, 2012, succesful simple bilateral mastectomy

December 26, 2012, began radiation. Side effects there, too. Sheesh. :-)
February 1, 2013, radiation ended.

August 1, 2013, last day of Herceptin

September 6, 2013, CT, found 2 cysts in lower abdomen. Nuclear bone scan clear!

September 13, 2013, sonogram checking those cysts -
prolifejoan is offline   Reply With Quote