View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: The power of words

We have to be tough and let go of those who are toxic. Friends is really hard, cause you truly care but you must care more for yourself and your well-being.

When it's family it's way more difficult. I have an arrangement w/my sister who is I say bipolar and narcissistic. We email. I give advice, she is respectful and disregards most of what I say. That's the best we can do. We plant a seed and back away.

Living with someone who is full of negativity blows my mind. I do not believe I could handle it. For this you simply must stay focused on being strong and positive. Share that with the person, and head for the bedroom. Go run errands. Man, that is a difficult spot to be in.

Juls, sounds like your Spirit has made contact with you midst your crisis. That's when mine shines through. And I connect with it consciously now. Daily. It speaks to me and I love and trust it. More than the voice in my head. My Spirit is the True Me. Let it keep guiding you. Happy for you.
You can live in joy and serenity KNOWING what you want already exists and is on its way to you... Hold that thought!
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote