View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
Gaver

Smile Needed some advice

Hello ladies !!

am back after a long absence !! mom s done with her 4th chemo !! cant believe how the time flies...seems like yesterday we were so apprehensive about her 1st chemo and now here we are done with the 04th one already.....

wont lie and say it wasn't difficult and trying but we are doing it together as a family with all our strength and love and taking it one day at a time !!

now asking for some help....mom s mouth has gone very bad...she complains her mouth is like sawdust and everything tastes bitter ....anyone else gone through this ?? how can i help her ??

also is it true Herceptin sometimes causes weight loss or is it the chemo after effects??

any help for the bonepain caused by the Fligrastim injections other than a hotwater bag ??

and lastly my mom is very worried that just the Herceptin infusion is as bad as the ones with the T & C ?? is that true ??? Ladies who have bravely gone through H after T & C would really appreciate your insight n experience on this

thank you so much and keep fighting !

Geetanjali,Gaver's daughter one of the strongest women I know n a cancer fighter
---------------------------------------------------
11/10/2012 mom was diagnosed with a 3 x1.5 cm malignant lump in upper quadrant left breast with a 1x1.5 swollen left axilla node
12/10/2012 confirmed carcinoma left breast lump through FNAC
15/10/2012 CT Scan clear Bone Scan clear no Mets anywhere (Thank God)
16/10/2012 Core Biopsy Results show Stage IIB Grade III ER + 95% PR + 5% N Her2NEU +++
23/10/2012 MRM done Entire breast along with level I n level II Axilla nodes removed.

31/10/2012 sample biopsy 01/13 nodes positive

TCH regime Taxotere(Docetaxel) Carboplatin Herceptin

T C & H for 6cycles n H alone for another 11cycles after that[/B]

6 Cycles TCH--done 12 cycles H done
05 cycles H to be done

~~Eowyn,The Return Of the King,LOTR : "Courage,Merry,courage for our friends "
Gaver is offline   Reply With Quote