View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #16
Lien

Re: Drinking wine and breast cancer

You know, I think that it may well depend on many factors whether alcohol affects our risk of recurrence. We just do not know which factor was crucial. Now we can eliminate all known risk factors and still develop breast cancer. Because we just don't know.

The use of alcohol doesn't explain all breast cancers. And there are quite a few other diseases that can kill us. As well as traffic, household accidents, drowning, etc. So if you want to be as safe as possible: don't leave the house, move away from earthquake, tornado or hurricane-prone areas, avoid all pollution, don't take hormones or phytoestrogens, become a vegetarian, avoid wifi, radio, etc.

If, on the other hand, you want to live your life as fully as humanly possible, do things that make you feel good. It's all a matter of perspective.

We are all different, so we make the best choice for US that we can with the information we have.

I drink a glass of cider every day. Am allergic to grapes, so I can't even claim the health benefits of wine. I just want to enjoy life while I can. I have no idea what is going to happen tomorrow.

Just my 2 cents

Jacqqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote