View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #6
Tom

Back to business

Just so we don't forget the original article after I turned this thread into a yuk fest, Lani's post was a real mental booster to me.

How many agents, or groups of agents for that matter have produced a 96% reduction in tumor growth? None, that I have ever read about. This is a BIG deal. We are seeing more and more targetted therapies that don't slam you like the hammers of hell while they are helping you. Researchers are trying many different combinations of treatments with ones from the past and newly discovered ones, and getting promising results.

I just want to encourage everybody to do your best to hang on so we can all be there together when we hear that, "Today's the day", as a friend of mine, Mel Fisher in Florida said, when he finally discovered the Mother lode of sunken treasure that he had sought for so long. I believe that the answer to this horrible disease is close at hand. For sure it will be a bitter-sweet moment though, as we will remember with heavy hearts those of us here who did not make it to the Promised Land.

I am still trying to figure out the best ways to light a fire under the government to get more funding for cancer research in general. With all of the nonsense going on in the world today, those suffering from these diseases get put on the back burner. At least the natural enticement of capitalist greed on the part of the drug compaines keeps their feet to the fire. I am now recommending Glaxo stock to my friends who still play the market. They need only look at Genentech's chart over the years to see the light.

Sorry for getting so heavy on this subject, but I think about the cure every day of my life, for Mom, and for all of us that might one day deal with The Beast.

Last edited by Tom; 08-25-2006 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: typos
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote