View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #37
Colleens_Husband

Dear Friends:

I have to tell you that I think a memorial is a good, kind and appropriate gesture. We need to find a way to incorporate a memorial into this site somehow.

I also see Joe's point of view. When I first came to this site, and maybe all of you can relate to this, I was pretty scared of HER2 breast cancer. The information about HER2 you get from other sources is pretty gloomy and scary. Since being here, I realized that you can survive HER2 cancer and I realized it isn't a death sentence. If this site had a memorial forum on the front page, I believe it would have a pretty strong adverse affect on newcomers.

With that in mind, I think we can have a meaningful compromise. I propose we start a 'Chapel' forum. This would be a place where we could have prayer requests, discuss matters of faith, AND we could have a memorial thread so that Kate, Michelle, Nicola, and all the others will not get lost in the flotsam of thousands of posts.

Since God is an important part of the healing process for many of us, creating a sacred place on this site seems appropriate, without needlessly scaring the newcomers.

Lee
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote