View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #29
Becky

It is difficult to decide which way is the right way to go. I think this site should be a hopeful place. A place where advocacy, support and knowledge are rendered unselfishly. This site should represent life and not death. That said, death is part of life. This we all know too well. But I would want newly diagnosed women to come to a place that has faith. A place where they can really believe that everything will be okay because for most early stage women, it will be okay. For the most part, many come and get the advice they need and the support through chemo/herceptin and then they leave. Unfortunately they continue to be quickly replaced by other newly diagnosed women.

Many of our angels will be missed by all of us. But there are some(that have passed on) that women on the site do not know about(because they died long before one joined the group). Perhaps it is best that they are known in our hearts. Their love and courageousness to be incorporated in our souls, their beautiful spirit to be remembered and admired as such than to have a place on this site where what - what would be there? Really - old posts of chemos that did not work? Of their worries and fears. I hope not. I prefer the love in my heart for them and that they are our Angel Warriors who are guiding the newly diagnosed during their most fearful time. Helping them fall asleep at night after many fitful nights. It is the way I think (for me) it should be.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"

Last edited by Becky; 05-06-2008 at 08:45 PM..
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote