View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
vickie h

Re: VickieH - trailblazing Pazopanib

Thanks Steph and MA,
My two sweet sisters!
My mets were spreading through the breast skin and lymph so rapidly that my Onc suggested this trial, which is being studied at several sites. Dr. Rosen in Santa Monica (my Onc's partner) Is conducting this study, so I was very fortunate to get in as I have exhausted all the chemos.
I will be on this first leg of this for 12 weeks, then CT scans to see if it is working and if it is then there is the possibility of adding Lapatanib with it.
I have been on it for over a week now and so far have experienced a little fatigue and even less nausea. The biggest SE is low white counts. If I can keep those above 1,000 then I can continue with no interuption. They can't administer Neupogen or Neulasta on this trial, so I'll cross my fingers that all goes well.
The drug seems to be showing some great results so far and I feel very encouraged, though there are days when the itching (from the IBC mets) is a bit hard to take. I've seen no improvement or regression yet, but it is early and I have hope.
I will keep you informed as to it's efficacy. There are not many more places I can go with this, so please keep me in your prayers as you are always in mine.
Love and trust and hope,
Vickie

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote