View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
caya

Hi Terri,

I had 3 rounds of FEC, then 3 rounds of Taxotere, then one year of every 3 wks of Herceptin. I was very fatigued with the FEC, my hair all fell out on the 12th day after the first infusion. Epirubicin will turn your pee red.

I was very nauseous with the FEC, but never threw up. The trick is to take the anti-nausea meds regularly the first few days after the infusion, whether you think you need to or not. You don't want to play "catch up" with the nausea.

My diet for the first week after the infusion consisted mainly of vegetable soups, soda crackers, bananas, applesauce. It is important to drink alot. If you can't stand plain water, throw some lemon and lime slices into a pitcher of ice water and let those slices infuse the water. Add some stevia (a natural sweetener).

By week 2 I was getting stronger, and of course the third week I was at my best (as good as that can be when in chemo).

Taxotere was much harder on me, but it sounds like you are not getting it.

good luck, you will get through it.
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote