View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #8
ScotGirl

Re: Herceptin and Detox (Far Infrared Sauna)

Hi Paula, thanks very much for replying, your approach seems a lot like mine what you say fits in with what I've been thinking and what little I've been able to find on the net . I'll be seeing my oncologist next week so will speak to him again then , though I'm pretty sure I know what he's going to say ie don't use the sauna. I'll be really upset not being able to use it as I'm convinced just using it has helped me stay positive by feeling that I'm actually doing something to help myself but I would be daft not to be guided by my onc. If there were studies supporting its use which I could show him it would be different but there just doesn't seem to be much out there

So far I'm doing ok thanks. The worst side effects-don't know if its the Taxotere or the Herceptin, I really hope its the Taxotere as my last one is in 5 weeks and the Herceptin has almost a year to go! --have been change in taste , which has put me back to eating lots of carbs like sausage, beans and tomato ketchup(!)(I know that's not good but in the week after treatment I've decided to be realistic and go for what keeps me happy and gets me through) , and very itchy skin with a bright red rash though thank goodness not on my face. So far I've been lucky, not too tired and just one day so far of feeling really yucky but I forced myself to get my e-bike out, it was a beautiful sunny day and went for a ride along the coastal cycle path. That worked wonders and made me realise how important it is to try to get about and about and do the things I would normally do. Unfortunately its chucking it down here today and I'm not at all tempted to get the bike out!

I hope that you're OK and doing well . Thanks again

Hi Jacqui, that's very interesting and very helpful. I had read somewhere that sauna use could maybe cause lymphedema but this is much more specific and I definitely won't be using the sauna after I have my lymph nodes removed once the chemo finishes . I hope you are doing OK
ScotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote