View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 11:26 AM   #20
donocco

Re: Whack-a-mole next...

I also was fascinated by the Joe Tippen story. Quackwatch would call it phony but I have long lost any trust in the powers that be as far as cancer is concerned. It has become a very political disease, politics being and inclusive word for power and money.

Kim in California mentioned about using it "just in case". Not a bad idea, I would do the same thing but those who think like this might also think about "stocking up" now with the Fenbendazole. It is available now OTC but in a few months a few years, who knows. Lambert Vet supply sells it in 1000ml 10% bottles.

Working at Sloan kettering in 1978 forced me to come to face with some very unpleasant realities that were very frightening. It still is a very frightening situation. In the late 1970s the late Linus Pauling came out with the idea that high doses of Vitamin C might be preventative of cancer so I said to myself: "Why not take Vitamin C, it really cant hurt me and who knows , it just might help. I still take it and Selenium and some other things ie Coenzyme Q10 (it also lowers my blood pressure) and Lipoic acid (this also helps with blood sugar. OK fine BUT

Lets go back to the year 1994. I had my own pharmacy then. The FDA wanted to take all the supplements off the market and make things like Vitamin C 1000mg, Vitamin E 400 units, Selenium 200mcg etc etc prescription drugs. This really shook me up. It never occurred to me that things like this could happen. I had been taking Vitamin C in what could be called megadoses for 26 years. it would suddenly be unavailable? To make a long story short, the FDA backed down due to congressional pressure. I guess people were threatening individual congressmen (and women) with non re-election if the FDA wasnt stopped. They stopped there anti supplement tirade for the time being. Supposedly they are going to try again. Who knows?

OK fine, suppose some people did stock up on Vitamin C, Selenium, "Fenbendazole"
whatever. What about the expiration dates? The Vitamin C you buy today will say expires 9/21 on the bottle next to the lot number. So will the selenium etc etc or maybe 5/22.

Thats a hard one to answer. But the Veteran's Administration throws out by law millions of dollars of expired drugs. I think it was in the late 1990s. They started saving expired drugs to test the potency after the suppossed expiration date. Most of these drugs were still pharmacologically active 5, 10 even 15 years after the expiration date.
They begged the FDA to let them use these drugs but the FDA refused. Some drugs like nitroglycerin are very unstable but minerals like zinc gluconate, potassium gluconate,
magnesium chloride are probably pharmacologically active for many decades if not longer. Yet if you buy a bottle of Zinc Sulfate from Walgreens today it will say "expires 7/21 or something like that. What about Fenbendazole? I dont know. It probably would be more stable in powder form that the 10% liquid.

Sorry this has been so long winded. Please excuse the inevitable spelling errors. If you want to work with your doctor using unproven but possibly effective therapy you have to be able to get and afford this therapy. Prices are going sky high with drugs.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote