Thread: Tykerb rash
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #12
Daisypink

me too

Hi

I am so glad i spotted this thread as i was going post about this.. i'm on the LEAP trial over here in England (very lucky to get it), Xeloda/Tykerb 2 weeks on 1 week off - tykerb continiuosly.. i've just completed cycle 3.. i'm on 3300mg of xeloda and 1250mg tykerb.

It seems i also have the Tykerb rash over the weekend.. it started off on my neck like a heat rash and it was itchy, now its dried up and it looks like eczema. I have little patches of it on my face and also on my scalp.. thats very sore.

I phoned my hospital and my oncologist has susggested i try putting the udderly smooth cream i have on it and take some piriton.. hope i'm doing right.. does anyone know if they reduce the dose because of this.. i hope not..

I just read that if you get the rash its a good sign that its working for you.. is this right?? how do we know this??

does anyone know??

Lots of love jakki
x

DX May 2005 grade 3 IDC - partial mastectomy/immediate LD Recon. 0 /20 lymph nodes affected
Er+PR+HER2-
E-CMF chemo July 05 - Feb 06, 33 x rads. Tamoxifen
June 06 - Regional Reccurrence - supraclavicular lymph nodes, HER2+. Taxotere chemo Aug 06 - Dec 06, 25 x rads, Arimidex, zoladex, Herceptin.
Feb 07 - further supraclavicular progression, re-staging tests.
April 07 - Lung mets DX, oncologist trying to get me on Tykerb & xeloda on LEAP trial.
June 07 - Lung mets doubled in size, 3 new tumours and one in my back - commenced Tykerb/Xeloda - Zoladex & Arimidex stopped.
September 07 - Tykerb/Xeloda failed.. lung mets still growing and more new ones
October 2007 - Commenced Vinorelbine and back on Herceptin again..
March 2008 - New Scans reveal lung mets still progressing, now have 3cm Liver Met and Bone Met to Sternum - looking for a new clinical trial...
Daisypink is offline   Reply With Quote