View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #34
Barbara B

Location: St. Louis, MO home of the Baseball Cardinals & The Arch
Unbelievable Eyelashes

Hello Everyone-my first post.
Several months ago the FDA approved a medication that has been used for years for the treatment of Glaucoma - it can now be used to promote eyelash growth. The Glaucoma patients using this medication had unbelievable full-thick-long eyelashes. A side effect!!! I'll take that.

The medication is called Lumigan made by Allergan. It is gel-like and applied-sparingly - at the upper and lower lash line.
This was a "hot topic" at the ONC office and several of the lady patients have tried it out-including 90% of his staff. The results are unbelievable!!!! My ONC had no problem writting a RX (to those he approved). You can not use it WHILE you are doing chemo. I am at the end of my Herceptin treatment - so it is OK. Its all about the chemicals they are giving you.

This is a prescription medication so a RX is required. It is expensive - $175 BUT my RX insurance approved it and it cost me my co-pay of $5.

So read up on this wonder drug to see what it is all about. Ask your MD about it.
I can't wait to see some eyelashes on my face - haven't had any in over a year.

I have questions for you all but at a later time. The neuropathy in my hands is making it hard for me to type any longer. Can you relate? LOL NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later, Barb
Barbara B is offline   Reply With Quote