Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #57
Unregistered

Hi- I left my job as a Music Teacher last February when I discovered lymphedema in my arm.It was then that I finally had time to be checked and the recurrence was discovered. My heart goes out to anyone who needs to continue working while they are battling the disease, as I find it is a full time job.My husband is in real estate. I have two children- a girl and a boy, ages 20 and 16.I have a new baby grandson, one month old who is so sweet and beautiful. I love to laugh and I spend much of my time looking for the biggest laugh I can find.I also like writing poems and reading spiritual books."The Imitation of Christ" by Thomas a'Kempis is one of my favorites. Also, the writings of St.Thomas Aquinas,St. Alphonsus Liguori,and my absolute favorite, St. Francis de Sales. One of my favorite quotes from him is;
"Love Heavenly desires, and desire Heavenly love." ; St. Francis de Sales always tried to set aside an hour a day for prayer, except when he was extremely busy- then he set aside two. He said we must give God first claim on our time, interiorly if not always exteriorly.
Cancer ultimately has been a gift to me. Before the diagnosis, I did not appreciate the great gift of this precious life and how to joyfully embrace every single second and thank God for it. Now, with one foot in eternity, I praise and thank my Creator with every breath He gives me and I pray that I may help draw others closer to Him as they learn of His infinite love for them.