View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 04:13 AM   #88
Paula O

Re: For those interested: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

You are more than halfway done with chemo now Susan--just two to go, yipppeee! I'm glad you are doing well.

I like Beth Moore too and have found her books very encouraging.

Here's another blog enntry/direct quote from Stacy
http://hiswaynotmine.blogspot.com/ :

“I will do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the LORD…..I, the Lord, have rebuilt the ruined places, and planted what was desolate. I, the Lord, have spoken it and I will do it.” Ezekiel 36:11, 36

“While at church Sunday morning, a lady came up to me to see how I was doing. We began talking and she asked me a pointed question. A question that was unexpected. A fully loaded question, at that. One that gave me a moments pause as a smile crept across my face.
“Stacy,” she asked, “I am always intrigued when someone goes through a trial such as yours. Tell me, what did God teach you?”
I laughed inside thinking this lady probably didn’t want to pull up a chair and hear the long version. So I thought for a moment on my big take home message of this faith journey. There was so much He taught me and continues to. What was God hammering into this vessel of His? How was I being shaped and transformed? What was being rooted out only to be replaced with more of Him? What beauty was He bringing from the pieces?
I gently responded from where my faith had been exercised…..”Live in the today. Trust God today. Gaze into His eyes today. Respond to Him today. Worrying about tomorrow wastes what God has to offer us today. Savor today, as you savor Him. He will take care of each of your tomorrows. Believe Him today and walk from that believing.”
A simple message. But a truth He needed to plant more deeply in the soil of my heart, thus this season of testing…..this breast cancer journey. It had purpose and continues to.”