View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 04:01 AM   #86
Paula O

Re: For those interested: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

The below thoughts are quoted by Stacy http://hiswaynotmine.blogspot.com/

"...And that is why God said, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Phil. 4:6,7
“When the thoughts want to battle emotions and the emotions want to take control of our thoughts….we have to leave them at the foot of the cross, allowing God’s truth to permeate and stand guard. He takes the coin as it is tossed in the air, catches it and says ‘It is finished. In Me there is peace. Apart from me there isn’t. Remain in Me.’Emotions aren’t bad in and of themselves, nor our thoughts and understanding….but when left alone, outside of Christ’s Truth, havoc ensues.My heart and mind need to be guarded right now, especially as my body is weak and my thoughts play tricks on me.
And so God, once again, in His gentle, perfect and loving way, swooped in and met me right where I was reminding me of His love and sovereignty. Reminding me to come to Him and rest my head. Reminding me that in Him is peace like a river ready to flow over my soul.
This morning, the new light is dawning as He is once again relieving the pain, renewing and restoring.
I don’t need to understand….just trust…in trusting Him there is peace. ”

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27

“And the pendulum continued swinging as my mind went to the getting on with life, while laying down the fears that the “getting on with” encompassed. Wanting in some strange way to just stay in this place a little longer because the “getting on with” it means waiting. The “getting on with it” means questions remain unanswered. “The getting on with it” means trusting God at the deepest level I have ever experienced. Will I live to see my children get older? Will I suffer at the hand of this disease? Will my husband grow old without me by his side?Will I trust God with it all?My head knows all the Bible verses. This isn’t my first testing. It is one of many. And what I have found is that God uses each one to carve out fear deeper and deeper so that the word of God may be implanted in its place. A heart surgery of sorts….not laparoscopy, not catheterization, but true open heart surgery.
But head knowledge isn’t enough. Hence the surgery. Hence the walking it out. The testing.
You know faith isn’t stagnant. You are either walking forward, standing still, or falling backward.
I want to move forward. And so my heart needs to align with my head. The Truths that I know, as I live them out."