View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
CLTann

why is there no test for cumulative radiation

Hi friends,

Now we have heard the thundering herd of angry women protesting the new mammograph protocol change. The voice is loud and clear. However, we fail to have a test for the life-time cumulative radiation dosages you have gotten since your birth. Be the doses came from natural, environmental and medical. The new guideline supporters also point out that radiation from mammograms can be a cause for new cancer.

Doctors order new radiation generating tests without blinking an eye. I understand CT scan is a very bad radiation source. When confronted by my question on how much radiation I already got in my body, their eyes dazed and not a single doctor can even guess how much I already have gotten. Why can't they issue badges like those people working at the nuclear reactor sites? Whats appalling is that no one knows what is the limit. The Hiroshima data showed that every person is different in his or her maximum safe total dosages. On such an important issue, no one is taking this issue seriously. Yet, they cite this as a danger for mammograms.

I certainly have no answer to this but am furious on the medical experts who seem not to care.

Stage 1 dx Sept 05
ER/PR positive HER2 +++ Grade 3
Invasive carcinoma 1 cm, no node involvement
Mastec Sept 05
Annual scans all negative, Oct 06
Postmenopause. Arimidex only since Sept 06, bone or muscle ache after 3 month
Off Arimidex, change to Femara 1/12-07, ache stopped
Sept 07 all tests negative, pass 2 year mark
Feb 08 continue doing well.
Sep 09 four year NED still on Femara.
CLTann is offline   Reply With Quote