View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #10
Debbie L.

of course devastated

Oh Eric, our hearts ache for you and for your family. I pray that you use every possible moment left to Caryn to cherish, support, and love each other. I pray that you do not get so caught up in searching for more options that you miss an opportunity to grab these precious moments, right now.

Searching for options is fine and of course we hope for success there - but do not hang your hat on that. Do not risk wasting one single precious moment. This is it, the only reality, right NOW. There is absolutely nothing to lose, and so much to gain, in that approach to each moment.

If only we all had that urgency, every moment. If only we did not have to be motivated by being so imminently close to facing our mortality to remind us to fully appreciate this moment. Hug your kids, your lover, your bosom buddies, and best friends. Even if just figuratively, in your heart.

Please, Eric, do not worry about making things harder for those reading. You're actually making it easier for us (in the long run) by giving us the opportunity to be with you just a little bit in your hard times. Keep posting, so that we can offer our small words of support and also so that we can learn that this - even this - can be done.
Holding you in my heart, with love,
Debbie L.
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote