View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
Bill

Hi G. Ann! Waiting for test results is one of the worst things to deal with. It's the same old "fear of the unknown" thing. We always discussed what we would do with the results of the test(s) and then plan a course of action. If the test showed "A", then we had a plan to deal with "A", if the results were"B", then we had a plan to deal with "B". Once you evaluate or analyze your options after getting your results, and have a plan to deal with those results, it can be comforting. Sometimes, the news can be devastating, but at least you have a plan, and YOU are still in charge of your life. I'm a chess-player, and have played over 2500 games in my life, and a long time ago, I realized that often you know that the game might not be going your way, but you need to clear your mind of all distractions and make the best move that you can at that time. Life is like that, too. Evaluate your options and do the best thing, make the best move you can, at that time, and that's all you can do. And like Curly said on City Slickers, "find the one thing....that makes you happy"