Thread: BCIRG 006 Trial
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 03:00 AM   #2
Carrie

I will be interested to hear from other women on trials, thanks for setting this up!

I am also on the BCIRG006 trial, here in Southern California USA. I was dxd at 37 with high grade multifocal IDC (largest 0.5 cm), ER/PR neg, HEr2 pos, node negative.

Had a mastectomy April 03, and was randomized to the TCH arm of the trial. Weekly Herceptin, and 6 rounds of Taxotere and Carboplatin and Herceptin every 3 weeks, then Herceptin every 3 weeks until April '04. I finished with the nasty chemo 3 weeks ago, had my last loading dose"" of Herceptin yesterday" and now will recieve Herceptin every 3 weeks.

I was very pleased to get on the Herceptin trial " as it was my only chance to recieve Herceptin as a ""high risk" " node negative"" breast cancer patient. I was really excited to get on the TCH arm - I dont know why but I was (am) terrified of Adria!

I seem to have done well on the Taxotere and Carboplatin" and now I am waiting for my hair to grow back and hoping that the chemopause is temporary because the hot flashes are making me nuts even with Effexor. Ive had no reactions or side effects to Herceptin and my MUGAS havent changed so far - still at 75% and I have another one today.

My Dr. has quite a few patients on Herceptin long-term one for 5 years! She says she has yet to see anyones MUGA get bad enough to take them off Herceptin. I like hearing that!

Believe me - I know tired! I have been sleeping about 12 hours a night and only just stopped with the 2 hour naps! I have slowed down to working about 1/2 time but I think my energy (and taste buds) are returning gradually).

I wish all of us the best!
Carrie