View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 AM   #64
DonnaD

Re: Joe passed on this evening

I consider myself one of the lucky ones from this site who had the privilege of meeting Joe. Loren (my husband) and I attended ASCO this year because of Joe’s treatment. He did not tell many about his fight because he did not want to burden anyone. He was so sure he was going to beat lung cancer and did everything he could to do just that.

I remember talking with him going to ASCO the first part of June. His voice was raw and he was coughing but this attitude was so positive. Just two weeks ago he sounded so much better, stronger and (as always) planning for our sites future. We will never understand all the connections he made in our behalf. He knew everyone in the breast cancer world and they knew him by name. He is irreplaceable.

My heart is so sad for Christine, Danielle, and Debra. He was an amazing man, father and loving husband. I am sure he is wearing his Hawaiian shirts & eating Bavarian Cream Dunkin Donuts while advocating for us on high. His dedication to Christine and to this website they founded - UNFORGETABLE.
Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!

Last edited by DonnaD; 08-14-2010 at 08:24 AM..
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote