View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #12
SpitFire

Re: Does 30 grams of fat per day reduce recurrence rates?

I know what you are telling me, but I am not talking about general health.

Recurrence - To happen or occur again or repeatedly
Prevention - The act or practice of stopping something bad from happening

There is a huge difference between recurrence and prevention. It changes my whole mindset. For example, surgery reduces your risk of recurrence, chemo reduces your risk of recurrence, and radiation reduces your risk of recurrence. My doctors told me there was nothing I could do outside of surgery, chemo, and radiation. If my cancer comes back, it comes back, but don’t worry because they have chemo for me.

Because I have been diagnosed with breast cancer, it is a real threat. I am asking about targeting the actual breast cancer that I have been diagnosed with. So only surgery, chemo and radiation do that and nothing else matters?

As far as the IGF-1 receptor, I have never heard my onco or nurse talk about it. Of all the lab tests that have been done on me, how do I know if they did this test? What do I look for? Is it too late to get my tumor tested? Was your (Rhondalea) tumor IGF-1 positive or negative? I have never seen anyone mention that their tumor was IGF-1 positive or negative.

Remember, I am hormone negative.
Stage IIb
9/2013 TCH
10/2013 TCHP
1/2014 End chemo!
2/2014 Lumpectomy Complete Response
2/2014 - 4/2014 Radiation
9/2014 Last Herceptin
SpitFire is offline   Reply With Quote